· Experience implementing full life cycle implementations of ERP systems including QAD’s MfgPro.
· Experience managing and leading technical projects including project planning and technical supervision of project personnel.
· Experience performing system design and programming per client requirements including specification and development of sub/legacy system interfaces, Progress source code modifications, additions, and forms / reports changes.
· Designed and implemented an order fulfillment process linking front- and back-office activities. This process allowed customer service representatives and branch managers to track sales orders from receipt of order to shipment.
· Upgraded phone system to Merlin Magix hardware and software platform.
· Installed Smart Connect Call Center Environment. Allowing for call queing and auto-attendants. This system is used to create performance metrics for customer service and technical service departments resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
· Identified, purchased, and implemented a rules-based product configurator, TRW’s Procon. This configurator was integrated into our existing enterprise solution, QAD’s MfgPro.
· Developed planning parts and bills of material providing material planners with a forecast needed to conduct business simulations. This program eliminated part shortages throughout the business.
· Installed and implemented Citrix Metaframe 1.8 providing increased performance of applications running over a WAN.
· Designed a data warehouse with web access. Red Hat Linux 6.2 operating system with an Oracle database. Web development in the following languages: HTML, Perl DBD/DBI, PHP and SQL.
· Upgraded all network infrastructure equipment including Compaq Proliant servers and Cisco Catalyst switches. During these upgrades migrated from Novell NetWare 4.11 to 5.1
· Provide strategic leadership and technical direction to effectively communicate company vision at all levels of the organization. Also responsible for managing order entry, master scheduling, and material planning departments.
· Maintain documentation and security policies for Information Systems department.
· Recommend new hardware to management. Evaluate applicability, efficiency, and practicality of new information systems and components.
· Support and administer Novell and Windows 2000 file servers, PC hardware and application software in a 100+ user environment.
· Develop and maintain reports on system statistics for phone (Merlin Magix) and voice mail systems (Octel).
· Develop customized reports, using 4GL Progress programming language, that provide information and supporting data used to make informed business decisions.
· Led a cross-functional project team implementing an integrated enterprise solution, QAD’s Mfg/Pro, run on an HP-Unix machine.
· Redesigned and documented company wide business processes to eliminate non-value added activities, improve customer service, connect departments, reduce total processing time, and reflect potential of new business system.
· Experience with a RDBMS, Unix, C, Progress and Novell Client Server.
· Liaison for Information Systems Department with I-R corporate IT initiatives.
· Extracted data from an AS/400 system, performed conversions on the data, and transferred the information to a Unix operating system.
· Performed extensive training and documentation in all areas of the company in order to ensure accurate information is available.
NISSAN FORKLIFT CORPORATION, Marengo, Illinois April 1997 to December 1998
· Developed programming rules & logic used in a rules-based product configurator. This resulted in a reduction of engineering part numbers and an increased control of the shop floor: linking manufacturing work orders to truck sales orders.
· Designed reports for a company scorecard using an ODBC link in MS Access to retrieve data residing in an AS/400 system.
· Implemented Capacity Requirements Planning module, that is used to model the effect that batch size, lead time, and production changes would have on the manufacturing shop floor.
· Responsible for the improvement and accuracy of the company MRP system and developing techniques to change the production flow to a JIT environment.
· Developed routings and BOM structure for CNC, Laser Table, Weld, Paint, and Assembly parts.
Manufacturer of fuel tanks, metal stampings and truck parts.
· Developed assembly procedures and production line layouts. Performed time studies, developed routings, and created process sheets using AutoCAD.
· Set time standards for operator bonus system.
THOMSON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, Indianapolis, Indiana January 1995 to May 1995
Co-op Engineer in the Competitive Analysis division performing cost analysis on several high-end televisions.
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana