QAD Inc., Santa Barbara, California
QAD Inc. is a provider of enterprise applications, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) software applications and related extended enterprise applications, as well as services for global manufacturing companies.
Senior Technical Project Manager
July 2003 to March 2008
• Held the position of Technical Project Manager for QAD’s Largest Global Services Account. I was responsible for the design and architecture deployment supporting 80 facilities in over 20 countries.
• Directed teams responsible for technical installations and database conversions for Multinational Corporations.
• Coordinated efforts between Support, R&D, and Customer driven initiatives to ensure quality on-time and on budget delivery.
• PMO experience implementing full life cycle implementations of ERP systems including QAD’s Suite of Enterprise Applications.
LOGAN CONSULTING, Chicago, Illinois
Logan Consulting is a professional services firm committed to helping businesses get the most from their consulting investments. Since 1992, we have followed a top-down, business process driven methodology to help our clients drive and capture value from management consulting and information technology projects.
Sr. Deployment Consultant
July 2003 to March 2006
Functional and Technical Consulting experience working with clients to install, implement, and administer ERP software systems on multiple platforms in multiple technical environments.
• Experience implementing full life cycle implementations of ERP systems including QAD’s MfgPro.
• Experience providing business process analysis and recommend best practice cost savings solutions.
• Experience managing and leading technical projects including project planning and technical supervision of project personnel.
• Experience performing system design and programming per client requirements including specification and development of sub/legacy system interfaces, Progress source code modifications, additions, and forms / reports changes.
• Experience designing and implementing data warehouses with web access.
INGERSOLL-RAND CORPORATION, Harwood Heights, Illinois
Ingersoll-Rand Company Limited (IR-Limited) is a provider of climate control, industrial, compact vehicle, construction and security products.
Information Technology Manager January 2001 to June 2003
• Responsible for overall Business Unit IT budget,
•?Designed and implemented an order fulfillment process linking front- and back-office activities. This process allowed customer service representatives and branch managers to track sales orders from receipt of order to shipment.
• Upgraded phone system to Merlin Magix hardware and software platform.
• Installed Smart Connect Call Center Environment. Allowing for call queing and auto-attendants. This system is used to create performance metrics for customer service and technical service departments resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
• Identified, purchased, and implemented a rules-based product configurator, TRW’s Procon. This configurator was integrated into our existing enterprise solution, QAD’s MfgPro.
• Developed planning parts and bills of material providing material planners with a forecast needed to conduct business simulations. This program eliminated part shortages throughout the business.
• Installed and implemented Citrix Metaframe 1.8 providing increased performance of applications running over a WAN.
• Designed a data warehouse with web access. Red Hat Linux 6.2 operating system with an Oracle database. Web development in the following languages: HTML, Perl DBD/DBI, PHP and SQL.
• Upgraded all network infrastructure equipment including Compaq Proliant servers and Cisco Catalyst switches. During these upgrades migrated from Novell NetWare 4.11 to 5.1
• Provide strategic leadership and technical direction to effectively communicate company vision at all levels of the organization. Also responsible for managing order entry, master scheduling, and material planning departments.
• Maintain documentation and security policies for Information Systems department.
• Recommend new hardware to management. Evaluate applicability, efficiency, and practicality of new information systems and components.
• Support and administer Novell and Windows 2000 file servers, PC hardware and application software in a 100+ user environment.
• Develop and maintain reports on system statistics for phone (Merlin Magix) and voice mail systems (Octel).
• Develop customized reports, using 4GL Progress programming language, that provide information and supporting data used to make informed business decisions.
Business Systems Analyst
December 1998 to December 2000
• Led a cross-functional project team implementing an integrated enterprise solution, QAD’s Mfg/Pro, run on an HP-Unix machine.
• Redesigned and documented company wide business processes to eliminate non-value added activities, improve customer service, connect departments, reduce total processing time, and reflect potential of new business system.
• Experience with a RDBMS, Unix, C, Progress and Novell Client Server.
• Liaison for Information Systems Department with I-R corporate IT initiatives.
• Extracted data from an AS/400 system, performed conversions on the data, and transferred the information to a Unix operating system.
• Performed extensive training and documentation in all areas of the company in order to ensure accurate information is available.
NISSAN FORKLIFT CORPORATION, Marengo, Illinois April
Nissan Forklift Corporation is a division of Nissan Automotive that manufactures Forklift trucks.
1997 to December 1998
• Developed programming rules & logic used in a rules-based product configurator. This resulted in a reduction of engineering part numbers and an increased control of the shop floor: linking manufacturing work orders to truck sales orders.
• Designed reports for a company scorecard using an ODBC link in MS Access to retrieve data residing in an AS/400 system.
• Implemented Capacity Requirements Planning module, that is used to model the effect that batch size, lead time, and production changes would have on the manufacturing shop floor.
• Responsible for the improvement and accuracy of the company MRP system and developing techniques to change the production flow to a JIT environment.
• Developed routings and BOM structure for CNC, Laser Table, Weld, Paint, and Assembly parts.
BRISKIN MANUFACTURING CO., Chicago, Illinois May 1996 to April 1997
Briskin Manufacturing Company is a manufacturer of fuel tanks, metal stampings and truck parts.
• Developed assembly procedures and production line layouts. Performed time studies, developed routings, and created process sheets using AutoCAD.
• Set time standards for operator bonus system.
THOMSON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, Indianapolis, Indiana
Thomson Consumer Electronics is an electronics manufacturer of RCA Satellite Dishes and Televisions..
January 1995 to May 1995
Co-op Engineer in the Competitive Analysis division performing cost analysis on several high-end televisions.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering December 1995
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana